Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Roundup

Monday is a lame way to spend 1/7 of your life. ~Author Unknown

Happy Monday everyone! Happy worst 1/7 of your life according to "author unknown" up there! :)

Just thought I'd recap my weekend for you and then I'd love to hear about yours!

It certainly wasn't a normal weekend, that's for certain. We were under a tornado watch, advisory or some sort of inclement weather problem nearly the entire weekend. Saturday we risked life and limb to get to Evan's basketball game. The drive was awful; a car hydroplaned in front of us and missed other cars and the concrete wall by mere inches. Thank goodness Evan won his game to make the near death experience worth it. This is part of what we drove in - it certainly wasn't the worst.

Saturday afternoon after a looooong nap we headed out to Kroger to pick up a few things. It was jam packed in that store. I think people were anxious to get out of the house because the afternoon was like a break in the storms - except for when we were leaving. That's when it decided to downpour again.

Saturday night got a little crazy again. They were urging us to "take cover" and get to our "safe place" within our home, etc. I thought the tornado sirens were never going to stop - sometimes I can still hear them! We decided to get our "go bags*" ready, get shoes on and put the leashes on the dogs just in case anything happened. Thankfully, it was just bad storms - Bartlett never got a funnel cloud.


Sunday was shopping day for me. New York & Co was having their 50% off everything sale, so I scored some deals. I got the skirt I have been eyeing for like ever:
and this cardigan. I also picked up some denim shorts and some jewelry that I cannot locate pictures of on their website.

It was a good day.

I do want to say that while we did get inclement weather here in Bartlett, it was nothing compared to what other areas around us and Nashville got. My thoughts and prayers are truly with those affected. I can't even imagine the devastation that so many are going through right now.

How was your weekend?

*A "go bag" for me is a bag that contains the following things: wallet, batteries, extra flashlight separate from ones already in hand, bottles of water, socks and ICE{in case of emergency} lists.

4 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooo glad ya'll are okay. I'm praying for Nashville!!! The pictures are just horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it out allright. Scary stuff! We had a busy weekend. Sassy's 4th birthday, big city-wide garage sale, and some other fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new purchases...that skirt is FABULOUS! Congratulations to Evan for winning his game!!

    So glad the weather wasn't too bad and ended up just being a bad storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the boots!

    Glad you guys are ok in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it.....